The bigger, the better. At least that seems to be the current motto at Royal Caribbean HQ.
With Harmony of the Seas just months away from her maiden voyage, the line has revealed exciting new information about what to expect on-board. When she sets sail from Southampton of May 29, she’ll make history as the biggest cruise ship on the planet. Needless to say, she’ll be flaunting every square inch of her 227,000 gross tons! Here’s a glimpse, by numbers…
- At a huge 1,187 feet long, Harmony of the Seas is nothing short of a floating city. She measures in at 165 feet taller than the Eiffel Tower, which is quite the feat.
- Wine, dine and be merry at the ship’s 16 restaurants and cafes, including a Jamie’s Italian.
- Intimate cruises just aren’t on the Royal Caribbean agenda, and Harmony of the Seas proves that the line is all about making things bigger, better and busier than ever. All up, Harmony of the Seas will be able to host no less than 6,410 guests.
- Of these 6000+ guests, each and every one will be equipped with GPS wrist trackers.
- On-board, passengers will be able to explore seven unique “neighbourhoods.” We did mention she was something of a floating metropolis! From Central Park, the Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade and the Pool and Sports Zone to the luxurious Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Centre, the Entertainment Place and the fun filled Youth Zone, there’s something for every passenger.
- 24 passenger elevators transport guests up and down 16 decks to their hearts content.
- Who needs onshore theme parks when Harmony of the Seas boasts the world’s tallest at-sea slide, the Ultimate Abyss. More than 150 feet above sea level, the side by side pair sends passengers speeding down 10 decks at 14.5km an hour.
- What powers her 227,000 gross tons of bulk? Thanks to a quartet of 7500-horsepower bow thrusters each capable of hitting a 22 knot cruise speed, Harmony of the Seas is able to effortlessly glide through the water.
- Inside, passengers are accommodated in 2747 staterooms, each beautifully appointed.
- At 218 feet wide, Harmony of the Seas definitely doesn’t have a slim figure.
With places selling out fast, don’t miss a chance to experience Royal Caribbean’s latest feat. For upcoming itineraries starting May 27th, get in touch with our friendly team of cruise experts today on 1300-857-345. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Image via Flickr Creative Commons. Photo credits: David Spinks, Texas.713